We’re a dedicated group of working freelance writers located in North Carolina’s Triangle region and surrounding communities. The majority of our members place their professional focus on nonfiction magazine articles and books, but many have also excelled at fiction, poetry, personal essays, photography, newspaper writing, and more.
If you’re new to this site, please take a moment to look around and get to know us. You’ll find us a friendly, supportive, and encouraging group of freelance writers whose mission is simple: to write well, and to write for publication. We’re also happy to mentor those who are new to the profession. Toward that goal, TAF hosts a one-day nonfiction writing conference, called Write Now!, each spring at Wake Technical Community College in Raleigh. The conference traditionally offers two tracks of programming and gives novice and established writers access to editors, nationally published writers, and professionals in many other aspects of freelance writing.
Editors seeking freelance writers for projects are encouraged to review the TAF Membership page for a list of our members, their areas of expertise, and their websites or blogs. No matter what the topic, there is almost certainly someone within the group who can help you.
We’re always interested in exciting guest speakers for our monthly meetings, so please let us know if you are someone with unique insight into writing and publishing. In addition, many members of TAF are available for public speaking engagements. Please contact one of the Principal Contacts for additional information.
If you have questions about TAF or freelance writing in general, please check our FAQ page.
Questions that are not answered here should be sent to the General Info Email.
We promise to respond promptly.
Unless we’re on deadline…
6 Important Qualities Admission Officers Look for in MBA Application Essay
This article highlights 6 qualities that officers look for in an MBA application essay.
Many students prepare to apply for top MBA programs. They dream of getting admission in B-school, such as Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, London business school, University of Pennsylvania, University of Cambridge, and more. But before applying, you should know that it all will start with a brilliant MBA application essay. Every MBA program has different tasks to do. Some require students to write MBA personal statement, MBA personal essay, and others. Whatever be the case, you need to submit an excellent essay that makes your MBA application stand out from the rest.
Now, drafting an impressive application essay is a complex job but with a little essay writing help from this cheap essay writing service, you can increase the chance of getting your application accepted by admission officers and get admission to the top MBA university of your choice. Every year, top B-schools receive thousands of applications, the competition is getting tougher. The only way to stay ahead is to produce a top-notch MBA essay. The MBA essay should have some qualities and this article lists them down. The admission officers greatly look for these 6 qualities in the MBA application essay. So make sure that you feature them while writing an MBA essay.
- Leadership- For many students, it’s hard to convince admission officers that they have leadership qualities. They need to mention their leadership achievements rather than the individual. Some students get confused between individual and leadership stories. Leadership achievements are those results that you did not achieve on your own. It is the way of achieving the objectives with the help of other people.
- Ideal communication- An MBA applicant should be a good communicator. He should present this skill in the essay. He should be able to communicate his thoughts, ideas, and plan effectively. You should not be an expert but share thoughts in a clear manner.
- Collaborative working style- An applicant who has a collaborative working style is considered a team player. He will work effectively with other team players. B-schools like to see that you work for the success of the others and contribute to their growth.
- Creativity- You should be able to deal with new situations. Use your knowledge and skills in a unique way to find a solution. You should see the world in a whole new way and should design and develop something innovative and unique.
- Self-awareness- You should know your strengths and weaknesses and be able to learn from your mistakes. You should grow without limitations. The admission officers test your self-knowledge and to succeed in the application process, you should understand yourself and express your ideas effectively to officers.
- Honesty- Admission officers are interested to know about your character. They want to know if you have built trust with people and fulfilled the promise you made to them and to yourself or not.
If you have read the article and reflected on the qualities, then you can show them in the application essay. You are also one step close to drafting an excellent essay.
About the Author:
Jon Hamilton is a professional academic writer at Perfect Essay. Jon is a writing and editing specialist. He looks for highly educated freelancers in our content department for the position of academic writer in the subjects of Business, the Arts, Sciences, Education, Social Sciences, Nursing, and Humanities. Jon uses appropriate and flawless, reference-styles based on requests of our clients. He always meets strict deadlines for writing content, ranging from a few hours to over.